Welcome from Peter Burman and Ross Burgess!
Until recently we were dividing our time between Purley in the London Borough of Croydon and the historic village of Falkland in Fife, Scotland, but since June 2022 we are both permanently settled north of the border.
We were married in June 2019, with a Humanist wedding in Falkland, followed by a re-affirmation of vows at the Unitarian Church in Croydon.
We've created this page as a portal to some of our interests and activities. See particularly:
- The Falkland Society: monthly meetings, publications, occasional days out. Peter is Chair and Ross is Secretary – www.falklandsociety.org.uk
- Historic Falkland: a miscellany of facts about our historic village – www.historicfalkland.scot
- Falkland Historic Buildings: a Wikipedia-style encyclopaedia about the historic buildings of Falkland and their History – www.historicfalkland.scot/wiki
- CHE: we are both committee members of the Campaign for Homosexual Equality – www.c‑h‑e.org.uk – and helping with its transition to an educational charity, the CHE Research Trust – www.chert.org.uk/
- The UK LGBT Archive: Ross is one of the main editors of this encyclopaedia of British LGBT+ people and events from the earliest history – www.lgbtarchive.uk
- Wikipedia: there's an article about Peter, his accomplishments and his publications – en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Burman
- The Guild of St George: we're both Companions of this charity for arts, crafts and the rural economy, founded by John Ruskin in 1871 – www.guildofstgeorge.org.uk – Peter is a director of the Guild, and organised a major online conference about Venice and its problems in April 2022 – www.guildofstgeorge.org.uk/projects-places/venice/voices-from-venice-conference-on-film